Prevention, Tips & Helpful Information for Diabetics
- Vinegar can improve your glycemic control. Studies show that taking a couple of tablespoons of vinegar prior to eating can keep your blood sugar from spiking after your meal.
- If you are diabetic, talk to your physician if your vision is bugging you or there are any problems with it. There are many eye-related conditions associated with diabetes, such as diabetic retinopathy, cataracts, and glaucoma.
- Diabetics will benefit from including healthy carbohydrates in their diet. Diets that promote very low carbohydrates may not be the best option for diabetics as they don’t give the body important substances like vitamins and fiber.
- If you skip meals, you might trigger a spike in your blood sugar. Your liver sometimes releases glucose into your bloodstream when you are starving so that cells can get the nutrients they need.
- While consuming alcohol has been shown to lower the chances of getting diabetes, people who are already diabetic should stay away from it as it can greatly affect blood sugar levels. Talk about your alcohol intake with your physician.
- If you suffer from diabetes, it is better to eat as many as six small meals, rather than three large meals a day. When you are eating frequently through the day, you avoid large blood sugar fluctuations.
- If you want to manage your diabetes effectively, add green tea to your diet. This is because green tea has properties that can increase your metabolism, as well as cleanse your body of undesirable toxins.
- These days, diabetics are everywhere. You need to stop feeling ashamed about this condition to reduce the stress associated with it.
- Take your insulin as directed by your doctor. In general, you should take insulin no more than 15 minutes before you eat.
- When you are diagnosed, take your doctor’s advice to make the required changes and bring your sugar levels under control. You don’t have to give up your life because of a diabetes diagnosis.